Sun 18 Sep 11
I'm now listening to the song by Dave Koz feat. Dana Glover, the title of the song is Start All Over Again. I really like this song.
----- -----
Lyrics (by www.elyrics.net):
Take a step back, turn around
Look at the world that you've let down
My, my, such a disgrace
The damage is done you can't replace it
These are the things your mind will tell you
These are the things your heart will say
These are the things that leave you hopeless
These are the times you say
There is no way, no way, no way
But as long as you are breathing
You can start all over again
It your heart's beating
You can start all over again
Goodbye Sorrow, you can start all over again
Hello Tomorrow, you can start all over
Wake up to the perfect sun
The long night is over, a new day has begun
Oh yes, dare to believe much close in the morning
Your spirit is free
These are the things your mind will tell you
These are the words your heart will say
These are the thoughts that leave you fearless
These are the hands that point the way
[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/d/dave-koz-lyrics/start-all-over-again-lyrics.html ]
As long as you are breathing
You can start all over again
If your heart's beating
You can start all over again
Goodbye Sorrow, you can start all over again
Hello Tomorrow, you can start all over
Everything can change if all our things are new
The impossible is here and it's crying out for you
Everything is gonna work out right
Just like we prayed it would
Growing miracle after making a yes
It's working for you
Ohhhhh....
Long as you are breathing (you can start all over again)
Oh, and your heart's beating (you can start all over)
Umm, Goodbye Sorrow (you can start all over again)
Hello Tomorrow (you can start all over)
Ohhhh...oh,oh,oh..Ohhhh..
Long as you are breathing
You can start all over again
Your heart's bleeding
You can start all over
Goodbye Sorrow
You can start all over again
Hello tomorrow...
----- -----
I first knew about this song from watching Desperate Housewives season 7 episode 5 (Let Me Entertain You). Upon hearing the song being sang in the episode, I downloaded it straight away.
I can really relate to this song. Sometimes I feel like this song is dedicated to me. I've changed a lot over these few years. It all started from when I moved to Melbourne (Australia) to pursue my undergraduate degree in 2005.
Being in the furthest country from home. I've changed a lot. Nobody really controlled me there, so I kind of gained a lot of weight (I'm still very very much overweight as we speak now).
I was so used to being free there (doing anything I want) now that I can't stand being nagged by my mom (up to the point of always arguing with her [still until now]). It kind of drives us apart now. I feel like my relationship with my mom and dad now is pretty much can be flushed down the toilet.
The study there was really relaxing too. There was this one semester where I counted, my attendance for the whole one semester was less than a third (1/3). Can you believe that? That made me become such a lazy and unmotivated person.
My friend said that I used to be this competitive person, but now, I feel like I don't care anymore. I just wanna live my life achieving something with as little effort as I can give.
Nevertheless, I still have a lot of plans (great plans) I set for myself. No need to say that none of those plans ever come true (until now). I just can't put any more extra effort to achieve my plans anymore.
I procrastinate doing things until the last possible minute and everything else.
Needless to say, my self esteem also plummeted since then.
But listening to this song..
"As long as you are breathing..
You can start all over again..
If your heart's beating..
You can start all over again..
Goodbye sorrow..
You can start all over again..
Hello tomorrow..
You can start all over again.."
I feel like this song (apart from the music is very nice too), the lyrics really give me hope. I really feel like after everything that has happened, after everyone (myself included) that I've disappointed. I really can start all over again.
I hope I get back on my feet soon.
xoxo S. E.
Start All Over Again - Dave Koz feat. Dana Glover (Hello Tomorrow - 2010)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment